Wednesday 27 November 2013

November Hits and Misses!

           I tried some new products this month, both sample and full size, and have to say there were a lot of prominent hits and misses. Hence the idea for the post! I apologize in advance for my camera, I could not get it to focus properly for the life of me. Below are some of my favourites and some of my not so favourites for this month!



HITS:


bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15: I received this as a sample from Sephora, and thankfully a little goes a long way. This is a foundation I will eventually be purchasing in full size. I had heard amazing things about it but was still a little skeptical, as it looks like it would dry my combination skin out in the wintertime. However, it is not drying at all and leaves your skin looking flawless. The shade I was given was Fairly Light, which is for porcelain-light skin tones with neutral undertones, which turned out to be perfect for me. 

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation: I have already done a review on how much I love this foundation, and it has definitely been a favourite this month. I change it up every couple days with my Bourjois Healthy Mix and it really illuminates and leaves your skin looking radiant. Only downside is it could be a tiny bit more moisturizing, but other than that, it's fantastic! I have the shade porcelain/light ivory.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick: Although this particular colour has been my go to lip colour this month, I would definitely repurchase more from this line, as they're so smooth and hydrating! This one here (and swatched above) is 700 Nude Delight. This is pretty much a perfect nude for me. The great thing about these is that they're super affordable, and are really good for your lips. They contain SPF 20 and vitamins A, C and E.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Treatment and Concealer: I LOVE the formula of this concealer! I've heard so many YouTubers rave about the Age Rewind Erasers, and yet I was still surprised to see how good it was. This particular one contains vitamin C in order to treat and conceal sun spots, dark spots, acne spots and acne discolorations. Although my skin is quite good right now (knock on wood) I still decided to get this one for the extra benefit of Vitamin C. I'm using the shade Fair 210. An amazing concealer for any age range.

Ojon Colour Sustain PRO Fade-Fighter Weekly Conditioning Treatment: This was another deluxe sample I got from Sephora, and I was pretty impressed with it! It's really gentle on your hair and super conditioning. It's meant to protect your hair colour for up to 40 washes, and shields hair from environmental damage. Living in the city, I'm always looking for products that specifically claim that they shield from environmental damage, because you are absorbing so much crap into your skin and hair every day. It also contains UV sunscreen, which is always a plus. Seeing as this is a weekly treatment, the 3.4 ounce bottle should last you a decent amount of time.

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara: This may be my new favourite mascara! As well as volumizing and adding length, it actually is conditioning your lashes with the natural properties of olive oil. It's not supposed to smudge, clump or flake, which I've found to be true. They currently only have one colour out, Jet Black, which is fine as this is the colour I would have chosen anyway. Such a great mascara! 



MISSES:


Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion-Anti-Aging: So many people are OBSESSED with Urban Decay's Primer Potions, but after trying this one, I'm having a hard time seeing why. I suppose it's because I've always primed my eyelids well with foundation and/or concealer and powder, so I've never really had an issue with my eyeshadow staying on. I did not find that it made my eyeshadow look more vibrant either. Overall, just not really something I need!

Essence Mono Eyeshadow: The shade I have here is 02 Dance All Night, and I have to say I find it very strange. I found it beautiful to look at, as the top part is a really pretty gold metallic colour. But then when you work your way through the top layer, it has a different, darker colour underneath. It's definitely still usable for something, but not a colour I would have bought had I known that it would be underneath.

Sephora Collection Primal Instincts Eyeshadow Palette: I'm actually really bummed out that I don't like this palette anywhere near as much as I thought I would! I kind of wish I had bought the first palette I picked up instead, which was Benefit's Easiest Nudes Ever. I LOVE shimmery shadows, but there's almost too many in this palette. I definitely need to learn when using this to stick with just one of the shimmery shades for one look. Having said that, they are gorgeous colours when swatched. The other problem I had, was that they are not super blendable. The edges tend to stick after a few minutes, and when you try to fix a mistake it comes off a little patchy. Other than that, I'm still going to try to find ways to make this palette work!

Covergirl LineBlast 24 Hour Eyeliner: I have to say, this was pretty much crap. It tends to dry up fairly quickly as you're putting it on, and by the end of the day it does smudge a little. If it weren't for these two things, it would be a really easy eyeliner pen to use, as the tip is fairly sturdy. It only comes in two shades, which is the one I have (Enduring Black) and Eternal Brown. Not impressed.

Vasanti Casablanca Silky Eyeshadow: I always like trying out Canadian brands, so I thought I would give this one a go. The packaging is nice and sleek, but it seems that's what you're paying for. It's not on the cheap drug store end price wise, as it's $15 for a mono eyeshadow. The colour just did not impress me at all, even as a base. It was very sub par to other gold eyeshadows I've tried. I went back to my Gosh Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick in Gold immediately after using this. (After taking these photos, I dropped this eyeshadow on the bathroom floor, and lets just say the packaging is not durable at all).




GOODNIGHT! xx









No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...