Saturday 16 November 2013

Nail Colours of the Moment: Metallic Blues and Nudes

           This holiday season, brands are coming out with toooons of metallic and holographic nail polishes in every colour. What has been catching my eye the most is the amazing metallic blues that I have seen in multiple collections, as well as all of the variations of holographic pinky nudes. I am usually not a big fan of dark nail polishes, but these metallic colours are so beautiful, there may not be a colour that I wouldn't be willing to try. Here are two of my most recent nail polish purchases from this trend!


I am sooooo obsessed with this colour and can't wait to try it! This is the Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Nail Colour in 004 Azure. This was only $3.99 at the drug store as it said "Clear Out" on the price tag, so I'm hoping they're just getting new packaging and they're not discontinuing the Lustre Shine collection. On the Sally Hansen website, it says that this nail polish is actually infused with real silver, and is inspired by the lustrous colour flip of molten, liquid metal and the iridescence of a peacock feather. I am really hoping this will be a hit!


I applied Quo by Orly's Nail Polish in First Class soon after I got it, and was amazed by the colour right away. It is so shimmery and beautiful, I was really impressed. I actually cannot find this collection online, so I can't tell you anymore accurate information about it. However, it retails for $10 at Shopper's Drug Mart. For anyone who doesn't know, Quo is a Canadian Brand!


This went on really smooth when I applied it, and two coats is more than enough. I am a little skeptical about the staying power however, so we'll see how this holds up. In case it doesn't end up holding up too well, I may invest in a good base and top coat because I really am in love with this colour. I have definitely jumped on the metallic/holographic/shimmery bandwagon for this season, and will be continuing to enjoy them for the next couple months!



GOODNIGHT! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...