Wednesday 20 November 2013

Review: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation




         I initially bought this foundation because I knew my beloved Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum Foundation was going to run out soon, and I am still looking for a more affordable alternative that I love just as much. So when I saw the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation for $16.99, I thought it seemed quite similar and I decided to give it a go. Like the Healthy Mix Gel Serum Foundation, it creates healthier looking skin the more you use it. On the L'Oreal Paris website, they state that it contains 40% water, so it's very light weight and hydrating. It also contains antioxidants and vitamins C and E, which are both extremely beneficial for your skin. It contains Anderson Fluid as well (which I've never heard of) for the instant luminous, glowing effect. I actually cannot find what Anderson Fluid is anywhere online, so if anyone knows, please let me know! It also contains SPF 20 and lasts for 8 hours!

Left: Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum Foundation in 51 Vanille Clair, Right: L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation in Porcelain/Light Ivory
I picked this foundation up in the shade porcelain/light ivory, which is the lightest shade they make. It comes in 14 shades, so you get to choose from a decent colour selection. It contains the 30 ml or 1 fl oz which is typically of most foundations. As you can see from the picture above, when compared to the Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum Foundation in 51 Vanille Clair it is a little bit thicker and is a slightly different colour. This particular shade (Porcelain/Light Ivory) does have a warm undertone and the Healthy Mix Foundation has a fairly neutral undertone, so it is likely that the same shade would still work for you. despite your undertone.


I was somewhat surprised to find that I really do like this foundation! It does give an instant luminous effect, which I wasn't really expecting despite what's on the bottle. It's about medium coverage with one layer (which I just applied with my fingers, as usual) and really makes your skin look flawless. The colour was also a perfect match for me, which is always nice to find when you don't test out the foundation at the store! The only complaint that I have about this foundation, is that even though it claims that it is quite moisturizing, it accentuated any dry spots that I did have on my face. So I would recommend making sure your face is well moisturized and exfoliated before applying this foundation. I suppose it's because I'm now used to a gel foundation, which glides over any dry areas and does not accentuate them by any means. Overall, I was really impressed with this foundation, and give it a 4.5/5 for price, the skin care benefits, the light weight effect and the perfect colour match!



HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT DAY! xx







No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...