Thursday 27 March 2014

My Current Products and Treatments for Bleached/Over Processed Hair

This is a subject I happen to know a lot about, as I've had bleached hair since I was 14! At 22, this is the longest my hair has been in a long time, so I believe the products that I've been using are working. I use products that are targeted at moisturizing, preventing/fusing split ends, putting protein/keratin back into your hair and preventing and reversing heat damage. Here are my current go-to products!


Pantene Advanced Keratin Repair Split End Fuser: I did a review on the Pantene Expert Advanced + Keratin Repair line back in December, so if you're interested in reading that, you can find it here. I did repurchase the Advanced Keratin Repair Split End Fuser in the full size, and I absolutely love it. I apply it only to the ends of my hair by scrunching it in if I'm leaving my hair wavy, or combing it in if I'm heat styling it. It's a super thick conditioning treatment, so two small pumps will definitely do you. The Pantene website claims that this product is mean to fuse and prevent split ends, as well as fight frizziness, dullness and dryness, which is definitely does. I would recommend this to anyone who suffers with split ends, especially due to bleaching or heat damage.


Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner & Anti-Breakage Serum: This is a product line that I  recommend over and over again, as it really is one of the best lines I've ever tried for my type of hair. These are the Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner and the Anti-Breakage Serum. Organix has recently come out with a Coconut Water line, which I'm really excited to try. These products provide everything that damaged hair needs, including egg white proteins to strengthen your hair, and coconut oils to balance and moisturize. The Anti-Breakage Serum is specifically meant to promote longer hair, as it reduces the everyday damage that causes your hair to break off. I prefer to use this on dry hair, especially when I leave my hair wavy. It provides noticeable body and shine, and you can tell my hair is instantly moisturized. I've been using these products for years, and I'll definitely continue to. You can find these at the drug store, so they're super affordable as well.

Pantene Silky Moisture Whip: I actually did not expect to like this as much as I do, as it's so rare that I find a product that works really well for me. This product is not like a mousse, as it does not expand in your hand, but literally comes out like whipped cream. It's meant to condition your hair for up to 48 hours, which is a huge plus for me. It also protects against heat damage, so I use this both when I heat style and when I leave it naturally wavy. I most likely would not have thought to purchase this if my Mom hadn't given me a sample, so I'm really loving sample sized products  for this reason. I have recently run out this, so I will be purchasing more soon!


Lush Curly Wurly Shampoo: This is another amazing coconut related product. Curly Wurly is like a shampoo and conditioner in one, as it leaves your hair so nice and moisturized. You can use this if you have damaged straight hair as well, but I find you get the best results with wavy or straight hair. The reason why coconut related products are so amazing for your hair, is that coconut is one of the only oils that can get right inside your hair shaft, while others tend to just sit on top and coat it. Not only does this shampoo contain coconut oil, but it contains creamed coconut, fresh eggs and avocado butter. This product is a little pricy at $25.95, but it's definitely worth it if you can afford to spend a little extra money. Plus this pot lasts you a long time, as you need really little per wash.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner: If you are into hair care, it's unlikely that you haven't heard of the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner. I tend to use the one from the Moist line, but there are a few different kinds. This treatment is super cheap. If you're lucky enough to find it in Canada anymore, it's usually under $5.00. I picked up a new bottle when I was in Ireland, as they seem to be everywhere over there. In my opinion, this is one of the best deep conditioners out there, high end or drug store. It really does transform dry, damaged hair within a few minutes. The only thing about this product, is it should not be used more than once a week. If it's used more than that, it builds up on your hair. This can be fixed by using a purifying shampoo, but it's best to avoid.



Coconut Oil: Last but not least, this has been my go-to treatment/hair mask for the past few weeks. Any kind of coconut oil will do, but try to look for both "organic" and either "virgin" or "extra virgin". Extra virgin is best if you don't mind spending a little more! The one I'm using right now is just the Omega Nutrition Organic Coconut Oil. I've been using this sporadically on my hair for a long time now, and have recently picked it up again. Like I said before, coconut oil really is incredible for your hair. I take a few tablespoons and heat it up for about 30 seconds before applying it to my hair. I either leave it on overnight, or just for an hour or two if I'm staying in for the day. I especially like to apply this on heat styled hair. It does not leave your hair super greasy, so just wash it out with shampoo (no need to repeat) and conditioner, and you're done! I have seen growth in both my hair and nails when this is continuously applied. 






Hope this helped! xx










No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...