Tuesday 22 October 2013

Ashley Bridget Accessories Review

               Lately, there have been ads for ashleybridget.com all over Facebook. There always seems to be some kind of big sale going on! Especially with the Ashley Bridget Magic Collection, which I actually think is quite cool (if you're into Harry Potter, which I am!). If you don't already know, Ashley Bridget is a fashion forward accessories line, designed in New York City and put together in Toronto. The amazing deals that they advertise made me want to see what the line was actually like, so I ordered a couple pieces.


Both pieces came in cute little individual bags, which included the bracelet (obviously) and the Certificate of Authenticity, which I think is a really nice touch. I think their packaging looks sophisticated and professional, and I love the navy blue.


This is the Halyard-Navy Bracelet from the Nautical Collection, which retails for $49.00. What's great about their Nautical Collection is that it's not too summery looking, so you can get away with wearing them year-round. This particular bracelet also comes in black, tan and white. For each bracelet, they give you a detailed description online about what it represents, which actually makes you really want to buy them! This one is 14k gold plated on the chain link and cuffs, and is fastened to a sailor rope. It's fully adjustable, and can easily fit any wrist size. I really like this! It looks great and is really well made. I don't think I would pay the full retail price for it, so even though it is 14k gold plated, I think they could bring their prices down a little. Other than that, a great accessory!





I was actually most excited to purchase this piece, which is the Tranquility Bracelet from the Expression Collection. I have to say, I did not end up liking it as much as the Halyard-Navy one, which was disappointing! It's a nice bracelet, but I definitely don't think it's worth the price, as it retails at $42.00. Although both of the white rope bracelets are silver plated, I found both them and the Koskin Weave in the middle a little flimsy, along with the clasp. I also needed assistance with putting this on, as it's actually difficult to clasp yourself. So although I liked the idea of this bracelet and what it represents, I'm not sure if I'll be repurchasing from the Self Expression line if they're all made like this.




 Having said all this, I would recommend checking out ashleybridget.com, as they do have some beautiful accessories. I believe I ended up paying $24.00 for these two pieces along with receiving free shipping, as I purchased them when some great deals were going on! They ship worldwide, with regular free shipping over $50.



TIME TO GET BACK TO STUDYING! UGH! xx




1 comment:

  1. Jennifer Lynn,

    I recently bought the Tranquility bracelet and it arrived just in time for Easter. I wore it for most of the day but it kept getting snagged on my clothes as well as others. The problem is the part of the clasp that they used to pinch the leather bands together. You can even see in your pic that the tines stick out and are sharp. Did you have any similar problems?

    Thank you,
    Evelynn

    ReplyDelete

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...