Monday 21 October 2013

Mini Drugstore Haul!




        It's official.....fall is here, and winter is creeping up right around the corner. And both my skin and hair know it. This is the time of year where the products I use during the spring and summer officially stop working, and I need to put them aside and double up on moisture. I've witnessed the first dry patches of the season on my face, and I am not happy. It was definitely time for a trip to the drugstore.

I've actually never tried any of these products before, and they range from somewhat high end to the very cheapest you can get. 

I am really looking forward to trying the Biosource Hydra-Mineral Cleanser Toning Mousse I purchased from Biotherm, because I've never tried a product like it. This one is for normal to combination skin and has 150 ml of product. It's supposed to have a 70 mineral complex and balances your skin with zinc. It says that it will tone without drying out your skin, and that within 7 days your skin will radiate with a healthy glow. I nearly bought the same cleanser in the pink tube instead, which is the dry skin version. However, the sales girl told me that even though I'm getting dry skin now, it doesn't mean I have a dry skin type, and should stick to the cleanser for combination skin. I hope she's right, as I really need hydration right now! It seems to come out almost like a light clay mask, which is interesting for a cleanser. It spreads smoothly and feels nice on the skin.

Next, I needed to pick up something heavier than my Neutrogena Natural's Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer, as I'm currently not using any sort of a night cream. So instead of picking up the corresponding night cream, I chose the L'Oreal Paris Ideal Moisture Radiant Tone Day/Night Cream for all skin types. I'm a little concerned that this one may not be heavy enough for my skin right now. However, I decided to try it because it's meant to smooth the texture of your skin and reduce imperfections. Texture is something that I seem to have an issue with, especially on my forehead and around my nose where my pores are large. I also don't like the feeling of anything too heavy on my face, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to go for a full on night cream. So, we'll see if this works for me. I think I only like the smell of L'Oreal's face creams because they remind me of my mom. Otherwise, they don't do much for me! Anyway, it was on sale, so let's try it out and see if I like it!




There are SO many bloggers who go on and on about Wet and Wild, and how amazing it is for the price. There have actually been quite a few comparisons to brands like Urban Decay in terms of eyes shadows. I decided to just pick up a new top coat, so I got the Wet and Wild Wild Shine Clear Nail Protector for under $2.00. What I was most excited to see, was the collection that Wet and Wild created with Fergie, called Fergie Nail Colour. I've heard good things about it, so I chose the colour Gold Album. I've been wanting a gold nail polish for a while as I don't have any. Even though I love my Butter London, I don't necessarily think the more expensive the nail polish, the better it is. It would be great for me price-wise if I could get into these!

Lastly, I purchased Bed Head's Self Absorbed Mega Nutrient Conditioner. Lately I've only been buying products that are specifically for colour treated hair, but on the back it does mention that it's great for out of shape, chemically treated hair. My hair isn't as out of shape as it used to be, but it still definitely needs the extra hydration. It's meant to add body and shine, as well as work out tangles and feed dry ends. You can use this as a regular conditioner, or as a treatment that you leave on for about 3-5 minutes. I've only ever seen this conditioner in this size (250 ml) so hopefully a little goes a long way. It has a refreshing, citrus-like scent to it. I have high hopes for this product!


HAVE A GREAT NIGHT! xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...