Monday 21 October 2013

My Everyday Fall Makeup Routine



For the most part, this is the way I have applied my makeup every day this fall. Occasionally I switch it up with the eyeliner or eye shadow, but I pretty much do the same thing every day! I would have to say the only major difference between what I do in the summer compared to what I do in the fall/winter, is what I put on my skin. I rarely wear anything but tinted moisturizer on my skin in the summer, but like to switch to something slightly heavier in the wintertime like my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I always go for a neutral look, as I find that suits me best. Wearing a darker eye look or lip colour tends to look strange on me!




These are all the product that I use on a daily basis! It seems like a lot when all laid out like this, but it all amounts to a very natural, clean look. I've been using some of these products for years, while some are still relatively new to me. Here's a run down of what I do below:

FACE: After applying my Neutrogena Naturals Moisturizer, I go in with the Nip + Fab CC Eye Fix in Light to brighten up my under eye area. I really like this concealer, as it's hydrating and contains vitamin E to fight off signs of aging (yes, at 22 you need to start thinking about this already!). Then, I just use my fingers to apply my beloved Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum Foundation in 51 Light Vanilla all over my face, including my eyelids. I go in with a second coat over any breakouts, and around my nose where my pores are the largest. I am lucky enough to not have any breakouts right now, but I definitely do get them. Once this sets, I use a large brush (not pictured above, as it needs to be washed) and dust my face lightly with Covergirl's Clean Pressed Powder for Sensitive Skin. I've been using this powder for years, and repurchase it once every couple months or so. I then take my Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 51, and contour my cheekbones, temples and jaw line. To finish, I apply my Revlon Matte Powder Blush in Perfectly Peach to the apples of my cheeks.

Note: I do nothing to my eyebrows besides brush them out. Not into filling in my eyebrows!

EYES: Next, I take my Gosh Waterproof Eye Shadow Stick in Gold and apply it to my eyelids. Using my finger, I make sure it's all blended in, and that there's no crease. This has become my staple eye shadow, and I will eventually be purchasing more neutral colours from this line. Using a flat eye shadow brush, I take my NYX Love in Florence Palette in Meet My Romeo and sweep the lightest shimmery brown over my lids as well. I actually got this from the Urban Outfitters website in the summer, as I've never seen NYX in Ontario and wanted to try it. I then sweep the off white colour over my brow bone. I used to apply one of the darker brown colours in the crease, but I prefer a lighter look now. I have recently started adding the littlest bit of the Essence Stays No Matter What Jumbo Eye Pencil and Shadow in 07 Whipped White Frosting to the inner corners of my eyes. After this is complete, I use my favourite Physician's Formula 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black to create a winged out look. This took forever for me to learn how to do, and I'm still trying to get it right! I top this off with two coats of my Covergirl Clump Crusher LashBlast Mascara in Very Black.

LIPS: To finish off the look, I first apply Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Honeysuckle, (I often have foundation all over my lips by this time and need to put colour back into them!) and go in overtop with my Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick in 146 Cappuccino.


Once again, this may seem like a lot to some, but it takes me on average 10 minutes to apply.



HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY NEUTRAL FALL LOOK! xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...