Sunday 20 October 2013

Lush Review: Empties!

   
           I have used up countless amounts of Lush products in my time, so this certainly isn't all of my empties, but it is all that I've managed to keep over the past couple months! I love all of these products in some way, and some have even made it into my top 10 favourite products. Here's a run down of each, and what I thought of them!


Marilyn Hair Treatment, Curly Wurly Shampoo, Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly, Bûche de Noël Facial Cleanser, New! Shampoo Bar


Some of these products look quite scuffed up and perhaps slightly gross, as the majority of them spent their lives in my shower, so I apologize for that! I will be listing these in order of what I enjoyed the least, to what I enjoyed the most. Again, these are all great products, but I would have to say some are more impressive than others.



5) SWEETIE PIE SHOWER JELLY


This 100 ml version is actually Lush's best selling shower jelly. It came with The Sweetest Thing gift box, which was a really nice gift to receive. 

PRICE: $6.95

WHAT IT DOES:  This product is literally a jelly that you use to cleanse your hair and body. It softens and cleanses your skin and leaves a slight iridescent shimmer.

WHAT IT'S MADE OF: The star ingredients in this shower jelly are coconut, black current, cherry and seaweed.

HOW TO USE IT: This product works best when you pinch off a piece and spread it into a loofah. It foams up nicely, so you don't need much.

WHAT I THOUGHT: Although a lot of people adore shower jellies, and Sweetie Pie smells great and leaves your skin exceptionally soft, I'm not a huge fan of the whole idea of a shower jelly. Unless you do use a loofah and make sure the jelly is completely crushed into it, it tends to be hard to work with and bits end up falling into your shower.

RATING:    2/5




4) NEW! SOLID SHAMPOO BAR


This shampoo bar does not get it's name from the fact that it's actually "new", but is created for people who want "new" hair! I purchased this from Lush by the recommendation of a sales girl, when I told her that I wanted a product that would help my hair grow longer.

PRICE: $11.95

WHAT IT DOES: This product is especially meant for people who have weak or thinning hair. It helps stimulate your scalp, influencing your hair to grow in thicker and healthier. It also leaves the hair that you already do have soft and shiny.

WHAT IT'S MADE OF: The star ingredients in this shampoo bar are peppermint, rosemary, cinnamon and nettle herbs.

HOW TO USE IT: Wet both your hair and the shampoo bar, and either work the bar into a lather in your hands or glide it down your hair a few times. Make sure you massage it into your scalp!

WHAT I THOUGHT: I loved what this shampoo bar did to my hair! It didn't feel exceptionally stimulating on my scalp, however it smells great and does make your hair stronger and shinier. I didn't notice if it made my hair thicker at the root or that it promoted faster hair growth. The downside to this product was kind of my own fault. Although I stored it in a Lush tin, I did not store it in a dry, cool place in between uses, so it started to get a little gross. However, used correctly this is a great product and is ideal for travelling!

RATING:    3/5



3) MARILYN HAIR TREATMENT


I was recommended this product in a Lush store when I was searching for a pre-wash treatment that would benefit blonde hair. There is 225 g in this product, and you get roughly 3 uses out of it depending on your hair length. It is of course named after the world's most famous blonde, Marilyn Monroe! All the more reason to purchase this product, as I'm a huge Marilyn fan.

PRICE: $22.95

WHAT IT DOES: Like I said, this is a pre-wash treatment that is meant to hydrate and add shine to blonde hair. It also uses natural ingredients to infuse colour into your hair so you go even blonder! It is formulated to strengthen your hair, calm your scalp and bring out the blonde tones that you already have.

WHAT IT'S MADE OF: The star ingredients in Marilyn are chamomile, saffron, linseed gel and lemon.

HOW TO USE IT: You can really leave this product on for however long you want, but the suggested time is 20-30 minutes. Shampoo it out afterwards and use a conditioner if you need to.

WHAT I THOUGHT: I adored this product! It for sure has a place in my top 10 favourite hair care products. Out of the five listed here, it's my favourite smell-wise. It does everything it's supposed to do and I did notice a difference in my hair colour after using this product. My hair was actually noticeably blonder, not just to me, but to other people as well. The only thing is, I did expect my hair to be softer after using this treatment. I'm not really one to spend almost $25 on a treatment you can only use a few times at the most, so I did expect a bit more of a transformation in terms of hydration. Having said that, it's still a great product, and I will eventually repurchase it.

RATING:    4/5 



2) BÛCHE DE NOËL FACIAL CLEANSER


This 100 g pot is actually a seasonal cleanser, so it's only offered for a limited time during the year. However, the arrival of this cleanser means that once again Christmas is near! I put this product on my wish list last Christmas after reading about it's benefits for combination skin such as mine. This product is meant to be similar to the Lush cleanser Angels on Bare Skin, and is named after the French dessert! 

PRICE: $12.95

WHAT IT DOES: This is an exfoliating cleanser, which buffs away dead skin while deeply cleansing at the same time. It's ingredients also help to moisturize and nourish your skin.

WHAT IT'S MADE OF: The star ingredients in this cleanser are ground almonds, kaolin clay, almond oil and seaweed.

HOW TO USE IT: After dampening your face with warm water, take a pinch and create a paste in your hand by adding just a little bit of water. Apply to your face in circular motions and pat dry.

WHAT I THOUGHT: I will without a doubt be repurchasing this product this Christmas (or as soon as possible). It is one of the best products I have ever used on my skin. My skin tends to feel tight after using pretty much any cleanser, especially in the wintertime when my skin gets quite dry and flaky. This is the perfect cleanser for me, and keeps my skin clear while moisturizing it at the same time. Love, love love. The only negatives are that it doesn't smell the greatest, and can be a little messy!

RATING:    4.5/5



1) CURLY WURLY SHAMPOO


Last but not least, my all time favourite Lush hair product. This 220 g pot lasts you at least a couple of months if not more, seeing as you need very little of it. I was given this as a gift from my boyfriend last Christmas, without even knowing about this shampoo myself. He thought he'd take a chance because he knows I love coconut, and it was an excellent choice!

PRICE: $25.95

WHAT IT DOES: This shampoo is meant to make your hair super soft and moisturized, as well as treating split ends and eliminating frizz. It adds a ton of protein and nutrients to your hair, which keeps it extra shiny and bouncy.

WHAT IT'S MADE OF: The star ingredients in this shampoo are creamed coconut, coconut oil, eggs and avocado.

HOW TO USE IT: Just pinch off a small bit of product into your hand, lather up and work through your hair.

WHAT I THOUGHT: I cannot say one bad thing about this product. When I first received it I was wearing my hair straight nearly all the time, so I used it even before blow drying and flat ironing my hair, and it worked fine. It was only when I started wearing my hair naturally wavy more often that I was blown away. I don't think any product makes my wavy hair look as amazing as this product makes it look. My hair absolutely loves it. It looks incredibly moisturized, it is not frizzy at ALL, and it smells amaaaazing. I even somehow like the fact that the little bits of coconut get on the walls of my shower. Although this is expensive for me for a shampoo, I will without a doubt be purchasing it again.

RATING:    5/5!!!




 HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT WEEKEND! xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...