Saturday 19 October 2013

Butter London's 3 Free Nail Lacquer Review: All Hail the Queen




Let me start off by saying, I had a TERRIBLE time taking pictures for this post! I cannot take adequate pictures of nail polishes for the life of me. With such a beautiful nail polish you'd think it would have been easier. Anyway!

I picked up Butter London's 3 Free Nail Lacquer in All Hail the Queen from the Blossom Lounge in the Distillery District for around $20. I've never spent $20 on a nail polish of any kind before this one. However, I hadn't seen them anywhere else in Toronto, so when I saw them there I had to pick this one up. I've actually wanted it for several months now, ever since I randomly came across All Hail the Queen on Pinterest. I don't think I'd even heard of Butter London before then! Of course, Sephora.com started carrying them about a month after I purchased it, so at least I now know of two places I can get them in Toronto!

Just a note: Butter London's "3 Free" formula means that it's formulated without formaldehyde, toluene and DBP!

This has become my favourite nail polish, and I rarely use anything else. I've picked up colours that were similar to this before, however there's nothing that compares to this one. All Hail the Queen is called a "holographic beige", due to the fact that it has tiny specks of all different colours mixed into it. This makes it like no other beige you'll find out there! 

Yes, my nails are slightly different sizes! Oops!
The ONLY thing I don't like about this nail polish, is that a regular top coat only prevents it from chipping for a couple days. I haven't tried either of Butter London's top coats or base coats, which are designed to make a difference in the staying power. As I just applied it today, it's still perfect. 


For now, I'm using Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails UV Top coat, which came with a Sally Hansen Hard as Nails French Manicure Kit. This gives a great shine and works fairly well with most nail polishes. Even though spending $20 on a nail polish does not mean it's "better" than others, I do believe it is worth it when it comes to these holographic colours that you can't seem to get anywhere else. Overall, I still give this nail polish a 9.5/10 for it's amazing colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...