Wednesday 16 October 2013

Gosh Cosmetics Review


           First off, I did not know that Gosh Cosmetics is in fact a Danish brand, not a Canadian brand as I had originally thought! All the more reason for me to support it, as I'm happy to see a Danish brand doing so well in our drug stores! I've got to support both of my countries! Price wise, this brand is between drug store and high end.        

I started experimenting with this brand at the beginning of this summer, when I found myself searching everywhere for a lipstick that would actually suit me. Coloured lipsticks look AWFUL on me, and every nude I've tried just blends right into my lips. I wanted something subtle, but to actually be able to tell I was wearing lipstick at the same time. Purely based on colour, it came down to the Velvet Touch Lipstick in 146 Cappuccino by Gosh and the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee. The Velvet Touch Lipstick won hands down when compared beside each other on my hand. Although similar, Velvet Touch lipsticks have an amazing consistency, feel exceptionally soft when testing out on your skin and contain SPF 6. The colour is more of a brownish-pink, instead of what you find with the typical nude lip colours. Having said that, this product does not a very strong staying power, probably due to it's extremely creamy consistency. It needs to be reapplied a few times throughout the day. However, seeing as this is the exact colour I've been looking for, I can't complain too much.

From top to bottom:  Waterproof Eye Shadow Stick in Gold, Long Lasting Eye Liner Pen in 005 Purple, Velvet Touch Lipstick in 146 Cappuccino
The Waterproof Eye Shadow Stick in Gold was the second product I purchased, and I've been using it almost every day since July. The stick is still nowhere near finished. This product is very creamy, therefore it blends very easily and is the perfect natural gold colour. It also contains no mineral oil or preservatives.  The only thing that I don't like about this eye shadow, is that it is definitely not smudge-proof when it dries and I do not believe that it is particularly waterproof either, despite it's name. Other than that, a highly recommended product.

The latest product I've purchased was the Long Lasting Eyeliner Pen in 005 Purple. The staying power of this eyeliner is unbelievable. Not only is it extremely shiny and applies easily, but you cannot get this eyeliner to smudge for the life of you. It does not come off with soap, and it doesn't even come off easily with makeup remover! I'll definitely be purchasing more of these eyeliners, as it does not compare to any liquid eyeliner I've tried to far.


As you can see, after doing the smudge test with all three of these products, the eyeliner is the only product that held up exactly as it was before. It is still going strong even as I am typing this! 


Last but not least, the nail polish! Although I'm not a huge fan of the colour of the Special Edition Nail Lacquer, (shown here is 617 With a Twist) it does stay on your nails considerably longer than other nail polishes I've tried that are more expensive. It also covers well, is extremely shiny and dries quickly. I will be repurchasing these nail polishes, but in different colours!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!


No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...