Friday 11 October 2013

My Skincare Routine (Combination Skin)


Although my skincare routine changes up often, this is what I have been using lately to keep my skin clear! I have hormonal combination skin, which gets better or worse depending on the time of the month, weather changes and stress. 


Bioderma is a cleansing water that I use to take off my face and eye makeup, including waterproof mascara. This particular formula is for sensitive normal to dry skin, which works fine for me as my skin tends to dry out in the colder months. This is possibly the only makeup remover that I have come across that doesn't sting my eyes. When my skin is really breaking out and unhappy, I use this as my only cleanser and it seems to calm my skin down! I purchased this 250 ml bottle from Shoppers Drug Mart on sale for $16.99.



The Nip + Fab Scrub Fix is the best affordable facial scrub I have found for acne in quite some time. It's one of those products that shows an immediate improvement in your skin after you use it. It's packed with salicylic acid and bamboo to treat and renew your skin. Although the packaging seems small, a little goes a long way, especially as this is only a once a week treatment. I picked it up for around $12.99 at Shopper's Drug Mart, but it can be purchased in select countries online on Nip + Fab's website.


I LOVE Neutrogena naturals! This is such a great line, especially for the price. When you're dealing with hormonal combination skin, the gentler the products the better, whether or not they are meant to treat acne. I actually preferred the Purifying Facial Cleanser over the Acne Foaming Scrub for my skin, as using an exfoliator twice a day can break my skin out and/or make it worse. The daily moisturizer is packed with vitamins and makes your skin glow. It's actually relatively thick, so you need very little. My skin seems to like it and it doesn't break me out. I purchased the Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Daily Moisturizer from Walmart for $16.99, and the Acne Foaming Scrub from Shopper's Drug Mart for $12.99.


Last but not least, this is the Pore Refining Serum by No7. There is not too much to say about this product, other than the fact that it is meant to do exactly what it says in the name. I wouldn't say this product is a miracle worker, however it does make your pores slightly less visible, and can be used as a light moisturizer as well. I use this product once a day, sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night. I purchased this for about $18.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart. I will likely not be repurchasing this product, as it does not do enough for me for the price!


And that's it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...