Saturday 12 October 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation Review/Before and After!

I absolutely love this foundation! I would have to say that this is my all time favourite. The Healthy Mix Serum Foundation by Bourjois is actually a radiance boosting gel foundation that is meant to last for 16 hours. It is a semi-matte, buildable light to medium coverage foundation, that includes the "fruit therapy" of lychee, goji berries and pomegranate. The shade that I have is 51 light vanilla, which is the lightest shade they make. This foundation contains one fl oz, which is average for any foundation. I purchased this for $27.99 from Shoppers Drug Mart.



For the sake of the "before shot" for this post, I am going to do something I've never done before...post pictures of myself completely without makeup! My skin is actually quite bad right now compared to how it normally is, but that's okay!

BEFORE



So here is my skin without a drop of makeup and some light moisturizer!


As you can see here, at the moment I have texture in my skin, some discolouration and some full on zits. Not the best time for me skin wise! 

AFTER:



Although not perfect, my skin is more even, I look awake and alert and the colour blends perfectly into my skin. This is without any concealer, or any setting powder over top. I applied one layer over my entire face with my fingertips, and one more layer over my problem areas (cheeks, chin, forehead). This foundation is perfect for under your eyes to take care of any light discolouration without the need for concealer at all. I would not recommend this foundation to anyone that's looking for full coverage, but for skin like mine it could not be more perfect. Gel foundations do tend to be slightly more moisturizing, which is great for combination skin in the wintertime. Overall, fantastic product and will definitely be repurchasing!


Hope you're all having an amazing weekend!




1 comment:

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...