Sunday 13 October 2013

Introducing: Chloe!

          Surprise, surprise, a post about my new kitten! For those who don't know me, these past few years I have definitely grown into a cat person! Not that I don't love dogs, but living in an apartment in the city, cats tend to be the better option. I have come to appreciate their unique personalities, their comforting nature and how relatively low maintenance they are as pets. I have always been an advocate for the humane society and other organizations that help rescue animals and give them homes. Recently, I decided to get involved with a charity called Toronto Cat Rescue. It was my intention to volunteer as a foster parent and give kittens temporary homes while they waited to be adopted. However, for personal reasons I decided to just go ahead and adopt from them instead. The Toronto Cat Rescue really does amazing work, and I intend on continuing to volunteer with them through other means. They are a no kill, 100% volunteer run registered charity. Visit their website to learn more about what they do by clicking here!

So, without further ado, this is 11 week old Chloe!


She really is such a pleasant kitten and so enjoyable to be around. We (my boyfriend and I) weren't intending to adopt a kitten when we visited Pet Valu's adoptathon that was being put on with Toronto Cat Rescue all over the GTA. We only attended because we had nothing else going on on that particular Sunday, and I wanted to learn more about the charity that I was volunteering with. However, as soon as we held her, we knew we had to take her (who can resist an adorable kitten purring in your arms?) What's extremely convenient, is that the adoption fee covers all of their first shots, as well as the cost of spaying/neutering, which is already done before you take your cat home.


Although our 1 1/2 year old cat Kenya was not thrilled for the first few days to have a new kitten on her territory, she is now adjusting extremely well. We catch her grooming Chloe all the time, as well as constantly pouncing around and playing with her. I'm glad that Kenya has a new companion, as she was raised with cats and has never quite adjusted to being without a friend. I actually rescued Kenya off of the street when she was about 5 weeks old, as she was born into a feral cat colony. For those who are interested, there will be a blog post on that at a later date. 

We love our new kitten!


No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...