Thursday 14 November 2013

How I Heat Style My Hair!

          I know, I literally just submitted a post on why you SHOULDN'T heat style your hair. However, after nearly 3 months of no heat I decided my hair could withstand a bit of damage, as I was getting a little bored! However, I still used caution when heat styling to minimize the damage as much as possible. I use the same process whether I`m styling it straight, wavy or curly for the most part. Here is my process below!


I am a big believer in products as we know, and if you use the right ones they WILL prevent a significant amount of damage. It all comes down to what you're using and what you're using it for. I started fresh today by cleansing my hair with Neutrogena's Anti-Residue Shampoo, (not pictured above) which I use every 2-3 weeks to get rid of any buildup from heavy conditioners and styling products. I then followed up with Alba Botanica's Natural Hawaiian Conditioner, Drink It Up Coconut Milk. Alba Botanica is actually a cruelty free, natural, 100% vegetarian Canadian brand that not many people know about. Check out their website here

On my freshly cleansed and conditioned hair, I then spray LÒreal Paris' Everstrong Thickening Tonic onto my roots. This is meant to encourage thicker hair growth and promote the hair you already have to appear thicker and fuller. This has a nice minty smell to it, which I love. After massaging it in, I apply 3 pumps of my lovely Dove Nourishing Oil Care Anti-Frizz Serum to the length of my hair, making sure to avoid the roots. Then, I leave my hair to dry naturally as long as I have time to before blow drying!


Right before blow drying, I spray my CHI Keratin Mist just onto my ends, to make sure they are strong and don`t go anywhere! I've had this bottle for a long time, and I`m not sure they even make the same one anymore, but you can still find it at various places online. The blow dryer I use is one of Conair's Ion Shine ones, although this model is definitely discontinued as it is quite old! I use both my John Frieda Full Volume Medium Porcupine Round Brush and my thermal round brush (not sure which brand) to blow dry and smooth out my hair. 


After my hair is completely dry, I spray the length with CHI's 44 Iron Guard to protect it from my flat iron. I generally use my CHI Original 1" Ceramic Hair Styling Iron to straighten and curl my hair. I've actually had this flat iron since I was 14, so it's crazy that it's lasted this long. I have others, but I keep going back to this one! I use a small comb while straightening or curling to get more of a smooth finish, and separate it with a clip so I can work in sections. During this process, I sometimes add Marc Anthony`s 2nd Day Clear Dry Shampoo to my roots, to give them more volume.


And here is a peak at what my hair looked like when I was finished styling today! I decided to go for a slightly wavy look, as I find that it looks much better then when I just do my hair pin straight. I applied 2 more pumps of my Dove Anti-Frizz Serum to the ends, and sprayed my hair with my favourite hairspray, which is Pantene's Satin Hold Hairspray in their Curly Hair Series. I LOVE this stuff, as it really defines and adds shine to waves or curls and lets your hair move. And that`s it!


HAVE A GOOD NIGHT! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...