Sunday 10 November 2013

Over 60 Days of No Heat!




  It's official, the last time I blow dried and styled my hair was August 21st, 2013! Coming from someone who used to heat style my hair every day, this is quite an accomplishment for me. When I made the decision to stop heat styling, I also made the decision to only wash my hair every other day. I really wanted to see what putting effort into taking care of my hair was going to do for me. In addition, I have ONLY used a wide toothed comb during this time to comb out my hair after washing it.

So what have I noticed as a result? First of all, I have really come to realize that my hair looks much better in it's natural state. I find that almost everybody's does. People think that straightening or curling their hair everyday or adding extensions makes it look better. However, unless your hair is a mess on a regular basis, I have never come across someone whose natural texture does not look better, with the help of products of course. 

The condition of my hair has really changed in the past couple months. I would say that I have almost twice the amount of hair that I used to in terms of thickness, as you lose significantly less hair when you are not heat styling, brushing and washing every day. Whether or not my hair is growing faster I don't know, but the growth is a LOT more noticeable than it would otherwise be, as it's not breaking off at the ends. My split ends have been drastically reduced, and my hair is much softer than it's ever been. My colour looks more vibrant, and I feel the need to get it touched up less. My hair unfortunately has not become significantly more shiny, as it's hard to make hair that's been bleached as much as mine shine, but it's coming along. 

I would recommend that everyone give their hair a break and let it be for a while. Especially if you're trying to grow it out, and have no idea why it's not growing. It's frustrating that people don't see that it IS growing, but it's snapping off at the ends due to your heat styling! Find new ways to style it that do not involve heat, and you'll find that they're quicker, and look even better. 

Click here to see what products I use on my hair!



HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...