Saturday 14 December 2013

First Impression Review: The Tarte of Giving Collector's Set and Travel Bag


          I received the Tarte of Giving Collector's Set and Travel Bag by Tarte Cosmetics from my boyfriend as an early Christmas present, and I"m already in love with it! I had only ever tried the Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment by Tarte, so this was a fantastic way to try out some of their greatest products. 


This amazing bag folds out into a 3 compartment set, which works out perfectly as a travel bag (which I'll need really soon!) This first compartment contains:

0.23 oz Deluxe Pure Maracuja Oil
0.17 oz Deluxe Cheek Stain in Flush
0.16 Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
0.08 oz Deluxe Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment
0.05 oz Deluxe Limited-Edition Amazonian 12-hour Clay Blush in Memorable


The second compartment is the one that I was originally most excited to try. When I had asked for this set for Christmas I couldn't believe the amazing price, especially given the fact that this palette was included. This is a beautiful palette, with the perfect amount of extremely wearable matte and shimmery shades. It contains:

20 x 0.7 oz Limited Edition Amazonian Clay Eye Shadows


Even though I'm generally not into silvery shades, this shimmery eye shadow (Staci's Charm Bracelet) caught my attention right away. Such a beautiful colour!


I was very interested to try the third compartment in this set, as I have never been much of a lip gloss fan, but had heard really great reviews on Tarte's lip products. This compartment contains:

8 x .059 oz Deluxe Marajuca Lipglosses


I wanted to try out as many products as I could for this first impression, (and also because I was just really excited to try all of them) so I started with skin care.

I first applied a few drops of the Deluxe Pure Maracuja Oil all over freshly cleansed skin, which absorbed completely after a few minutes. I then applied the Deluxe Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment underneath my eyes. This cream is extremely thick and takes a little while to sink in.

After this, I just applied Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer before my foundation, which is L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Foundation in Porcelain/Pale Ivory. I then contoured my face with Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 51 peaux claires/medianes. 

After my skin was ready to go, I applied Tarte's Deluxe Limited Edition Amazonian 12-hour Clay Blush in Memorable to the apples of my cheeks. Right away, I was in love with this colour. It doesn't appear that this particular colour is for sale in their full size blushes, so I really hope they decide to make one! It's the perfect light pink colour with a hint of shimmer.

I decided to go for a different look for me on my eyes so I could try out more of the colours. I used:

Kim's porcelain doll (white matte)
Leigh's Locket (shimmery gold)
Erica's dollhouse (light shimmery bronze)
Maureen's soccer ball (dark brown)
Scott's skateboard (matte navy blue)
Staci's Charm Bracelet (shimmery silver)

I found the colour payoff to be a lot better on the darker colours, as a few of the lighter ones seem to have very little pigmentation, but overall the colours were all  beautiful.

I used the Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara, along with my Physician's Formula Eyebooster 2-in-1 Lashboosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black. I do like this mascara, although I did not like it as much as the mascara I'm currently using, which is the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black

I then completed the look with a Deluxe Maracuja Lipgloss, labelled SB51 ro, which is the lightest pink. I am already obsessed with these lipglosses. They are sooooo moisturizing! Perfect for the winter months. Even the colours I wouldn't normally wear are amazing. They also smell like mint, and give your lips a nice tingling feeling. These seem to be limited edition as well, as I can't find any of these lipglosses in full size.

Overall, I am a huge fan of this set and am so thrilled I got it as a gift. It's currently sold out at Sephora, but you should still be able to find it on Amazon and/or Ebay. This set is worth over $200, but was sold for about $59 at Sephora, so it really is excellent value!


Thank you once again to my lovely boyfriend! :) xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...