Monday 9 December 2013

Review: Pantene Expert Collection Advanced Keratin Repair Line



         I have never been a big fan of Pantene Pro-V Products, mainly because I never really bothered to buy them. I haven't heard a lot of raves about any particular Pantene product. So when I received two samples with my order from beyondtherack.com of the Pantene Expert Collection, I didn't have high expectations. I do love trying new hair products, so I decided to give them a go. At the time, I received the sample size of the Advanced Keratin Repair Conditioner, and the sample size of the Advanced Keratin Repair Split End Fuser (pictured above). 

I did not look up anything about these products before trying them. My first impression while using both, was that I loved the consistency and the smell. Everything about it reminded me of a high end product. They are both relatively thick in formula and quite creamy. The conditioner was extremely easy to rinse out of my hair, and I felt it detangling as I ran my fingers through it. Once dry, my hair felt nourished and looked quite healthy! All a big thumbs up!

After looking up these products online, I learned that they are meant to do the following things: fight damage and provide shine, as well as fight split ends, frizz,  dullness and dryness. I would say that they definitely fulfill all of these categories. When I went to buy the full sized conditioner (pictured above) I was surprised at how much it cost. Pantene Pro-V is known for being a budget friendly brand, and these products were $9.99 for the conditioner and $12.99 for the Split End Fuser at Target, as well as $2.00 more each at Shopper's Drug Mart. The Pantene Expert Collection line is designed to basically step Pantene's level of hair care up a notch. They have two hair systems, the Age Defy line and the Advanced Keratin Repair line. The Advanced Keratin Repair line is perfect for my hair, as bleaching strips your hair of it's natural keratin. These products are also meant to repair up to two years of damage. 

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who colours/bleaches their hair and/or uses heat styling, and needs to start repairing the damage. I've noticed more difference while using these products than I have with any other drug store product in a long time. The only thing I'm not a fan of, is that I don't recognize one ingredient on the bottle, so they definitely don't use any natural ingredients with these products. Seeing as I'm a big believer in using natural ingredients in any product, I do struggle with this a little. However, it does work, so I can't complain too much! Great job Pantene! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...