Thursday 19 December 2013

Mini Drugstore Haul: Skin Care and Lipstick


       Now that I've gotten my skin used to more expensive face wash, I've come to slightly dread the time where I'll need to buy one again! I have seen a big difference in my skin since I've invested a little bit more, so I'm not too willing to go back to the products I used to use. However, I decided to try a new face wash this time, and picked up a few other little things from Shoppers Drug Mart that I needed while I was there.


I decided to stop purchasing full face wipes, as they're not the greatest for your skin, so I chose these instead. These are the Quo Mini Eye Make-Up Remover Pads. I find that it works just fine if I take my eye makeup off with a remover pad or eye makeup remover lotion, and use a washcloth for the rest of my face before going in with my cleanser. Quo is a Canadian brand exclusive to Shopper's Drug Mart, and I generally like their products. These come with 30 in a pack for $5.00, so it wasn't a bad deal. Hopefully these don't sting my eyes, as I've been having quite a problem with that lately!


I didn't go with my usual Biotherm this time, and picked up the RoC Multi-Action Makeup Remover Milk instead. I have never tried this brand, and don't know much about it besides the fact that it originates in France. It has everything I'm looking for in a cleanser for the winter months. As much as I like Biotherm, it always made my skin feel tight afterwards, and I'd have to apply a heavy moisturizer. This 3 in 1 cleanser is meant to remove face and eye makeup, tones and refreshes your skin, and moisturizes your skin for 24 hours. I will likely do a review on this once I've tried it out a few times. It's for all skin types, which is fine for me right now. This cleanser was about $17.00, $2.00 less than my Biotherm one.


Possibly a little TMI coming your way, but I've been having some skin related issues lately. I really needed something that would cleanse as well as soothe and calm my skin. I was originally going to go for the Avene Thermal Spring Water, which I'd tried before and liked, but they didn't have any available in the smaller size. So, I picked up the 1.69 fl oz size of the Vichy Thermal Spa Water for about $7.50. People buy these products for all kinds of reasons, normally to spray on their face in the summer time. I decided to use this for other reasons, as the Vichy Thermal Spa Water has 15 rare minerals, is 100% natural and soothes and protects your skin. I used this when I got home, and right away experienced some relief. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is experiencing sore, irritated skin. 



Finally, I picked up Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy. I actually wanted to try this colour, because it's the colour Anna Saccone Joly aka the Style Diet wears all the time, and it looks fantastic on her! This colour is so pretty when swatched, so I'm really looking forward to wearing it. It feels creamy and moisturizing, which I need right now, so let's hope it works out. I'm tired of searching for the perfect lipstick!

That's it for my little haul, hopefully some good reviews coming soon!

xx









No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...