Monday 28 October 2013

New Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain: Review

        I've heard so many people rave about the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain + Balm, that when I saw this new version I thought I'd give it a go! I actually was looking to try the lip stain, but the colours were all wrong for me, as they don't make any particularly natural ones. Also, my lips have started to get SO dry now that it's getting so cold out, so something with a little bit more moisture would be a better option for me right now!


Before applying a few coats of the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 035 Charm, I exfoliated my lips with the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub. This is a must have if you have dry lips, as nothing goes on properly when your lips are chapped. This is an edible exfoliator, which I try not to think about as I'm licking the dead skin off of my lips.



Seeing as I only picked this up at the end of the day today, I decided to apply the balm stain at 5:30 PM and see how it held up until around 9:30 PM, when I normally take off my makeup. According to revlon.ca, this product is supposed to give your lips an instant moisturized feel with a light stain of colour. The flush of colour that it does give you is meant to last for hours.


This is how is looks on my lips after applying a few coats. My lips did feel moisturized, although not exceptionally. They're naturally a dark nude colour, so this gave me a really nice light shade of pink. I am really a huge fan of this colour! Once again, it is 035 Charm. The balm stain smells minty, but doesn't make your lips tingle.

An attractive close up of my noticeably chapped lips!
The moisturizing balm came off pretty quickly in the next hour, and my dry lips started to reappear. However, the colour was still noticeable.The stain came off a little more in the center of my lips than anywhere else, but that's to be expected with any lip stick/stain. In the 4 hours between putting it on and taking it off, I reapplied once after I ate.


This is what was remaining on my lips when I took the rest of the stain off with a little makeup remover on a tissue (ran out of cotton pads, sorry if it looks a bit gross!) Overall, it does what it's supposed to do. It is only meant to keep a flush of colour on your lips, which it did. Next time I wear this, I may just apply once or twice and use a gloss or moisturizing lip balm over top when needed. Usually I don't go for pink/peach colours, but I loved this one as soon as I swatched it on my hand in the store. I'm not sure if I'll be repurchasing other colours, but this one is a huge thumbs up!


HOMEWORK TIME! xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...