Wednesday 30 October 2013

October Favourites!

             I can't believe it's November in 2 days! So crazy. This means less than 2 months left until Christmas, and also less than 2 months left until I go to Ireland! Ahhhh! I have been loving anything moisturizing this month, as my skin has officially made the changeover from summer to winter. I also have a few random favourites that I will include as well. I have mentioned some of these products before, so there will be a few familiar ones. Let's get into it!


LIP PRODUCTS


Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm With Kokum Butter: I've started using this lip balm as a base before I put any sort of colour on my lips. It's meant to condition your lips for 4 hours with one application, which I find to be true. I purchased this forever ago, and have busted it out again for the cold weather. A must have for the winter!

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm: The shade I'm using is called Honeysuckle, and it is the perfect colour for me. It's a brownish nude, and goes extremely well with my well loved Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick in Cappuccino. This tinted lip balm is super moisturizing, and conditions with Shea Butter and Botanical Waxes. I'd highly recommend this for the fall/winter! 

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter: I have to say, I really wish I had tried this stuff sooner! The shade I have here is 065 Creamsicle. This may seem like more of a summer colour, but for some reason I only started getting into the light pink shades this fall! You don't need to apply any sort of a base underneath, as it's exceptionally hydrating and glides on effortlessly. Will be repurchasing more shades ASAP!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain: I just did a review on this, which you can find by clicking here, but I love this gorgeous colour! This one is 035 Charm. It lightly stains your lips while giving them a moisturized feel. Unfortunately, the moisturized feeling doesn't last for too long, so I'm really only a fan because of this specific colour!

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub: I actually received this as a gift for my birthday in May, but only needed to start using it recently. This has become part of my daily routine when I'm getting ready to go out, to make sure that there's no dry skin building up on my lips. My lips get chapped SO easily because of the cold weather, so this helps significantly in getting them ready for the day.

Top to Bottom: Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Honeysuckle, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 035 Charm, Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in 065 Creamsicle


EYES + FACE


Nip + Fab CC Eye Fix -Light: This is a really nice concealer and surprisingly moisturizing! I don't have dark circles under my eyes, but this concealer does make you look noticeably more awake and just brightens up the whole eye area. It contains light diffusing particles, as well as beeswax and vitamin E to nourish and protect. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to start carrying for their under eye area and brighten it up at the same time.

Essence Stays No Matter What 24 Hour Jumbo Eye Pencil & Shadow: This eye pencil was extremely cheap and does it's job exceptionally well! I use the shade 07 Whipped White Frosting for the inner corners of my eyes, and it's really made a difference in the presentation of my eye makeup. My eyes look brighter and stand out more. It really does not budge all day. I'll definitely be using throughout the fall and winter.

Revlon Matte Powder Blush: Apparently I'm a big fan of Revlon this month! They actually come out with some really great products, I don't think they get enough credit. I have the shade Perfectly Peach, which I've been wearing forever. I always tend to gravitate towards peach blushes as opposed to pink, just because they seem to look more natural on me. This blush has quite a long staying power, as when I take my makeup off at the end of the day it's still there. There is quite a lot of product there, so it does last you a long time. Big thumbs up!

NAILS


Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer: All Hail the Queen....there's really no need to say anything else. Check out my review here!

CLEANSERS + MOISTURIZERS


Biotherm Hydra-Mineral Cleanser Toning Mousse: I've talked about this cleanser so many times that it seems to be getting a little repetitive. However, I've been using this all month long and it is the perfect cleanser as it really does tone your skin at the same time. I wish it were a LITTLE more moisturizing for this month, so perhaps I will purchase the one that is meant for dry skin as well. Excellent product.

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter: I have both the 50 ml size and the 200 ml size, as I like to carry one in my purse. This is a must have for the winter. Incredibly moisturizing, made with Community Fair Trade virgin organic coconut oil, you cannot go wrong with this stuff. I love using this as soon as I get out of the shower and/or on freshly shaven legs. 

Be Better Sakura Sensation Foam Bath: I received this as a gift, but I believe it's from Rexall Pharma Plus, which is a Canadian drug store. I've been using this all month long, as I take baths constantly and it smells amazing! It's made with natural ingredients and is paraben free. Love this stuff!

OTHER


Coconut Oil: I have been a huuuuge fan coconut oil for the past year, but after discovering it's most recent purpose, I've become an even bigger fan. My cat Kenya has not been feeling well (send her good vibes!) and had a really sore throat. She wasn't eating properly and was having a hard time swallowing. I started giving her about a tablespoon of coconut oil twice a day to sooth her throat, and from the first time I gave it to her there has been a huge difference! There's a million different amazing uses for coconut oil, and I'll link an article here in case you don't know about them. The kind I have here is Omega Nutrition Certified Organic Coconut Oil. However, it's best if you can get virgin or extra virgin. 

Owl Change Purse: I am obsessed with this little purse! I purchased it from St Lawrence Market I believe last month and it comes with me all the time! It's hand crafted and made with real leather. I actually use it to separate my subway tokens from my wallet. So adorable!

Kimchi Blue Kissing Swans Zip-Around Wallet: I purchased this online from Urban Outfitters about a month ago, and unfortunately it is sold out now! I love swans, so when I saw this I had to get it. It's got all the space you need and is made of incredibly smooth vegan leather. I'll be using this until it completely wears out.

H&M Leopard Print Scarf: I've been wearing this scarf non stop this month, as it seems to go with everything! I've even been wearing it with my winter coat (which may have to change, as it's not the warmest scarf). It's inexpensive, I believe I got it for $14.99 and is quite durable. I will likely be getting all of my winter accessories from H&M as well!


Back when it was warm enough to sit outside!

AND MY LAST OCTOBER FAVOURITE...




Chloe!!! Seeing as we just got Chloe this month, she is for sure an October favourite! She has settled in quickly, has grown and is such a pleasant little kitten. Her and Kenya love each other so much! Perfect addition to our little family.



THAT'S ALL! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...