Friday 1 November 2013

First Impression Review: Covergirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation

         It was hard for me to accept that I may actually have to switch up my foundation routine for the winter, as I'm obsessed with my Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum Foundation. However, unless I use a super heavy face cream underneath, I'm starting to get dry patches around my cheeks and nose. So instead of spending another $30 on a foundation that I'm not sure I would like, I went to the drugstore and looked for something more affordable that was meant to be moisturizing.


I found a few possible contenders, but decided on Covergirl's Clean Whipped Creme Foundation. I could tell just by looking at it that it was a good colour match for me. This is the lightest shade, in 305 Ivory. It's usually safe to go for the lightest colour for my skin, although there have been a few exceptions to that. I am 3 shades down in Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation, which is fantastic, especially for the price. And then at times the lightest shade looks way too orange on me.


This foundation is super thick in consistency, therefore it's easy to achieve high coverage. It's meant to be perfect for winter, as it gives your skin a boost of moisture without a shiny, greasy finish. According to covergirl.com, it will make your skin look smooth, natural and matte. It comes in 10 shades, which is a decent selection, but only contains 0.6 fl oz as opposed to the usual 1 fl oz that's fairly standard in foundations.

Bed Head!
While applying this foundation, I noticed right away that it was incredibly smooth, light and matched my skin tone flawlessly. I started in the areas where my pores tend to appear the largest.


The only breakouts I really have right now are around my chin, so I made sure to apply generously around this area. To see if the coverage was buildable, I applied two coats on my entire face with my fingertips, which is how I apply all my foundations.


This is the finished product! As you can tell, I had already applied the rest of my usual makeup. And what do I think of the result? .........Sigh. Here's the problem. Although I definitely found it to be hydrating, that was one of the only things I liked about it. Although I blended and blended with my fingertips, I found that it was hard to get it to sink into my skin. Also, it really washed my face out. I don't feel like using a slightly darker colour would have corrected this, because this shade is 100% my colour, any other colour would have looked unnatural on me. I also did not find that this photographed well on me. I didn't include a picture with just the foundation on on purpose, because I looked SO washed out. It does give a flawless finish, but the two coats I applied definitely did not let my natural skin tone shine through.

Overall, if I had only applied one coat I may have liked it better, but I think this would be a great foundation for anyone with a darker skin tone than me. I purchased this on sale for $5.99, so it's definitely a great price for what you get. So unfortunately, unless my skin is having an exceptionally dry day, I am going to go back to my Bourjois for now!

I give this foundation a 3/5 for the exact colour match, the very reasonable price, the superb hydration and the smooth texture!


THANKS FOR READING! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...