Friday 1 November 2013

First Impression Review: Dove Nourishing Oil Care Anti-Frizz Serum



         I was recommended the new Dove Nourishing Oil Care Anti-Frizz Serum after my mom received a sample of it, and was extremely impressed at the difference in her hair. She was complimented on the condition of her hair by our hairstylist, who told her to keep using whatever she has been using, as it seemed much less dry. My mom has much curlier hair than I do, and hers tends to be prone to dryness and frizz. Curly hair needs as much moisture as possible, especially when you use colour on top of it like she does. I'm always looking for moisturizing hair products, so I went out and purchased it from the drug store for $8.99.


The package recommends that you dispense 2-3 pumps into your hands, rub them together and then disperse the product evenly into your hair. I used 3 pumps, which isn't very much product, as it's an incredibly light weight oil. It's ingredients include sweet almond oil, hydrogenated coconut oil and argan oil.


Since the texture of my hair is naturally wavy, whenever I apply product I scrunch it in to help form the waves. I let it naturally air dry after I finish scrunching.


And this is the final result! Although it doesn't take care of all of my frizz, it made my hair feel conditioned without weighing it down at all. My waves were so bouncy and light, especially compared to when I use some of my other products. It also smells AMAZING and leaves a lasting scent in your hair. I applied one pump after my hair dried, which made even more of a difference. On dove.ca, they recommend using this product as a pre-blow dry primer or to use after your hair is already dry to tame frizz and flyaways. We'll see if this makes a bigger difference with continued use, but so far I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...