Sunday 12 January 2014

First Impression Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


         Let me just say, I did not think I would end up liking this foundation as much as I do. Whenever I look for a foundation lately, I always look for a brightening effect or a glow. So when I saw that Rimmel had come out with the Wake Me Up Foundation, I decided to try it. The reason why I did not have high hopes for this product is that firstly, I did not think Rimmel was known for having great foundations. And secondly, I've come to think that a foundation that only costs $7.99 can't be that great. Even my L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation, which costs $17.99 wasn't comparable to my Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum Foundation ($27.99). The Wake Me Up Foundation is meant to be light, moisturizing, contains vitamins and has an anti-fatigue effect.


When you first pump out this foundation, it's relatively thick and not runny at all. The colour looked a little too dark on my hand, but thankfully it lightened up to my perfect shade when applied to my face with my fingertips. I'm not someone who will take the time to blend my foundation extremely well, so I like there to be an exact match right from the get go. I purchased the shade 100 Ivory, which is the lightest they have. There are only about 6 shades available, so not the greatest colour selection so far. This foundation contains 1 fl oz, which is the average for any foundation. The container is extremely breakable (as I learned by smashing a bottle open at the drug store by accident). 

Natural Lighting
As it turned out, this foundation is pretty much perfect for the winter months! There really isn't anything bad I can say about it. It's quite moisturizing, which is something that the L'Oreal True Match Lumi doesn't have. It's about medium to high coverage, making your skin look flawless. It's light enough so that you can't even feel it, and looks relatively natural. This is definitely a great foundation to take photos in. 

With Flash
The only slight criticism I have about the actual foundation, is that you have to blend extremely well underneath your eyes so it doesn't crease, as you can see above. I would recommend this foundation to anyone with normal to dry skin, of any age. This will most likely be my go to foundation for the rest of the winter! I love it!



Hope you had a great weekend! xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...