Friday 10 January 2014

Top 5 Drugstore Lipsticks (Winter Edition)

         During the winter, I don't want to wear anything on my lips but moisturizing, protecting lip products. I've finally become one of those girls who doesn't want to leave the house with just lip balm on anymore. I need some colour, even if it's just a light pink or a nude. Here are my top picks for drugstore lipsticks that will get you through the winter season without drying out your lips.



The Revlon Super Lustrous Collection has about 50 beautiful colours, which range from the lightest pink to black. It's essential in the winter months to find a lipstick that will moisturize your lips, and these lipsticks are infused with both silk and vitamins. Revlon has an exclusive LiquiSilk formula, and it's packed with mega moisturizers. These retail for only about $7.99 in the drugstore, so they're definitely worth taking a look at.





These were my go to lipsticks this fall, and I was quite happy with them! They come in 22 shades, including Nude Delight which is my favourite. Not only do these moisturize your lips, but they contain antioxidants and vitamins A, C and E. I would always exfoliate my lips before going out into the cold with these on, as you want to start with a smooth surface for these lipsticks. These retail on average for $6.99.


3. Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter


Although these are not technically lipsticks, I had to put them in. These lip butters are fantastic to wear all year round for a surge of moisture without giving up colour. They contain mango, shea and coconut butter, and claim to boost lip's moisture by 156%! They also contain a gel formula, which is known to glide right over dry spots. These are available in 20 shades, and have a sheer to medium colour. I only own this lip butter in Pink Truffle, but I have heard that the shade Creme Brulee is the perfect nude, so I'll need to test that out eventually. These retail for about $7.49. 





This was my top choice until very recently. I absolutely love these lipsticks, and was obsessed with the shade Cappuccino. These are incredibly shiny, moisturizing and glide on easily. There are 12 shades available. I just purchased the shade Darling, which I can't wait to try, as I think it may be even more of a perfect nude than Cappuccino. These lipsticks also contain SPF 6, which is important for any time of the year. They retail for about $12-$14, but are definitely worth the price. 




I adore everything about these lipsticks! I have never put on any lip butter or lipstick that glides over your lips like these do. I decided to try these on a whim when I was in Ireland, as they are almost half the price over there than they are in Canada. These contain orchid blossom extract, which helps hydrate and protect your lips for 10 hours. This collection contains 12 shades so far, and I currently own 02 Beige Touch which is an amazing everyday nude, and 03 Peche Cosy which is great for a subtle pop of colour. These lipsticks retail for $20 in Canada, so not the most affordable, but if you feel like spending a little more on a lipstick you definitely won't be disappointed. 




Goodnight! xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...