Thursday 9 January 2014

First Impression Review: Ted Baker Paint the Town Pretty Nail Set


        This nail set is one of the prettiest I have ever seen, and was a ridiculously good price. I picked it up from Boots in the half price sale for about $10.00, which was a complete steal. I miss Boots so much already! All of their Christmas gift sets were reduced by 50%, so you really can't go wrong with that.


The best part about the majority of the gift sets that were on sale, was that they could easily be purchased as a gift for any other time of year, as many of them were not Christmas themed. I regret not picking up more as gifts now!


This tin set comes with four amazing nail varnishes. It includes a semi matte pink and black, as well as a sheer sparkly gold, and a sheer sparkly silver with coloured flecks. These are all perfect for this time of year, and can be mixed for a day or a nighttime look.


When first applying the pink shade, I wasn't sure how I was going to like it, as it seemed incredibly thin and sheer. It was a nice colour, but I wouldn't particularly want to wear it on it's own. As soon as I applied the silver over top, I was blown away! No photo does it justice, it's just such a unique, amazing colour. It's subtle, but super beautiful. 


I cannot take adequate photos of my nails for the life of me, especially because I do not take the time to do a proper manicure before painting them! In this photo, I've managed to capture all of the different colours reflecting off of the flash of the camera.

Extreme close up!

Another amazing thing about these nail polishes, is that they dry super fast. If you're like me, and don't always wait for your first layer to dry before going in with the next, the sparkly silver shade completely covers up any imperfections.


Overall, I am completely thrilled with this set, and I would recommend picking it up at Boots ASAP before they disappear! 


Have a good night! xx











No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...