Tuesday 7 January 2014

Irish Beauty/Skin Care/Hair Care Haul!

              As most of you know, I recently returned from my 10 day vacation in Ireland and it was absolutely amazing! The shopping there is quite different than in Canada in some ways, including the selection of beauty, skin and hair products. Some brands are significantly cheaper than in Canada, and some are more expensive. Here is what I picked up while I was there!



Ooh La La Paris Makeup Bag: I have come to LOVE Penney's (or Primark) for affordable, inexpensive shopping! Ir reminds me of Forever 21, but with better deals in my opinion. Primark is actually an Irish retail chain, but has hundreds of locations all over Europe. This bag is the perfect travel bag for your toiletries and/or makeup, as it fits a ridiculous amount of products inside. I actually only paid 4.00 for this bag, which works out to just under $6.00. 

Soap and Glory's The Greatest Scrub of All: Soap and Glory is considerably cheaper in Ireland than in Canada! I would say it's about half the price, if not more. I bought this in Boots, which is by far my favourite drug store over any in Canada. They constantly have offers such as buy 2 get one free (or 3 for 2). Although this scrub can feel a little drying (it does have salicylic acid in it) it works really well, and leaves your face smooth and clear. It can be used for any skin type, as it works for dry patches and for acne. I paid 7.00 for this, which works out to just over $10.00!


Lee Stafford Treatment For Hair That Never Grows Past a Certain Length: I have heard so many good things about this treatment, and having never seen it anywhere in Canada, I picked it up in Boots as soon as I saw it. Since I've only used it twice, I can't say if it's helping my hair grow, but it makes your hair feel absolutely amazing. This is a between shampoo and conditioner product, so you leave it on for a minimum of 5 minutes after you've shampooed your hair, and then follow up with a conditioner. This is not a cheap product as it worked out to about $20.00, but I believe it was worth it.

Bourjois Liner Pinceau Eyeliner: I am.....so disappointed with this eyeliner. I thought it was amazing when I first put it on, as it was super intense, shiny, and didn't budge. However, this first time I did notice a bit of a burning sensation, but I ignored it. I used it the next day and experienced the same burning sensation, but it went away after it dried. The next day when I woke up, my eyes were very swollen and sore where I applied the eyeliner, so I had to stop using it right away. So bummed out! Here's an instagram shot of what one of my eyes looked like:

Excuse the eyebrows!
L'Oreal Super Liner Eyeliner Blackbuster: I bought this eyeliner even though it was more expensive in Ireland than it would have been in Canada. However, after my eyes started breaking out like that, I stuck with a brand that I have had more experience with in terms of eye products. Although this eyeliner doesn't blow me away, it doesn't budge and is easy to apply. Most importantly, I am not allergic to it!

Provoke A Touch of Silver Twice a Week Brightening Shampoo: I had high hopes for this product, and to be honest I don't think it does much of anything! It's a nice shampoo, but I wouldn't repurchase it.

Botanics All Bright Hydrating Day Cream SPF 15: Looking at this day cream, it hits all the marks: natural ingredients, sun protection, brightening, hydrating, not tested on animals, under $5.00. Unfortunately, this cream turned out to be a little too light for me right now, so I'll revisit it when it's not as cold outside!

L'Oreal Skin Perfection Daily Moisturizer: This turned out to be one of my favourite finds, and I just picked it up at random! I don't think this is available in Canada, so I'll have to order some when I run out. This cream really does perfect your skin. It's targeted towards women in their 20's and 30's, to combat any irregularities in your skin. It makes your skin feel extremely soft, and diminishes your pores significantly.

Trevor Sorbie Colour Enhance Oil: I've only used this once so far, so I can't say for sure if it enhances my colour. However, this product does help moisturize your hair and smells really nice! It's enriched with avocado and argan oil as well.

Kadus Professional Coil Up Curl Cream: My boyfriend's sister actually gave me this, and I love it! It makes my waves incredibly soft and helps define them. Having used this on both wet and dry hair, I definitely prefer it on dry. An all around great product though!



Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick: Last but not least, my new favourite lipsticks! These are both perfect colours for me, in 02 Beige Touch and 03 Peche Cosy. These are half the price in Ireland than they are in Canada, as I purchased each of these for just over $13.00. These lipsticks are incredibly moisturizing, shiny, and are unique, beautiful colours. They are meant to protect your lips for up to 10 hours as well, which is perfect for the winter months. These will definitely be my go to lipsticks throughout the winter season. 



That's it! Hope you enjoyed! xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

March Favourites 2014! ♥

           Welcome to my March favourites 2014! As showcased in my YouTube video below, I had a decent amount of products to share with you...